Scuba Equipment Purchasing & Shipping Policies
Returns & Refunds:
We understand that returning products is often a frustrating experience, but The Scuba Diver Store strives to make the process a simple and straightforward one.
We think you’ll agree that The Scuba Diver Store has the best return policy in the industry.
- Returns need to be started within 15 days from the date of you receiving the merchandise. The item must be received back by us within 10 days thereafter in order to be accepted as a return for a refund* Said refund will be to the original payment method as long as the item is in its original undamaged/unopened/sealed container, box and/or packaging; we must be able to resell the item as new or we can’t refund the purchase price. We will contact you after return if these terms have not been met for alternative refund amounts, if any.
- “Check for availability before ordering” may appear within some item descriptions. If said item is not available, it will be refunded minus 5% to cover fees incurred with charge card refund.
- Cancellation of orders are handled the same way as above regarding a refund* and therefore may have a restocking fee even if we have not shipped the item. This happens only when we have to order the product in for your sale and can’t reverse the process of our receipt for credit by our vendor.
- In some cases our credit card fees that were incurred in the transaction cannot be recouped by us and therefore if refunded to you are a total loss for us, so in that event credit card fees will not be refunded.
If you’re not fully satisfied with any item you can return it for a refund*. The Scuba Diver Store will inspect the equipment when it arrives and as long as you haven’t used it, you can return it for a refund. No questions asked.
To return items you may either bring the item to our store location in Milwaukee, WI, where we will be happy to help you, or you can ship it back to us.
* Any item that was not stocked at the time of your order and therefore needed to be ordered in to our store will have a 30% restocking fee. The need for this is because upon our receipt it will need to be resold and if not a normally stocked item it means the sale is rare and it will need to be priced down to resell.
In order to process your return, please follow the guidelines below.
- Labor, delivery and/or completed installation services.
- Items that have been damaged through customer use or abuse.
- Opened visual or audio products, due to copy write laws.
- Custom made products.
- Sized items, including but not limited to rubber boots and wetsuits must be received back by us within 10 days from your receipt per the shippers delivery notice in order to be accepted as a return.
- Credit card fees incurred by us; see above 1st area 3rd bullet.
Items that are defective:
If you return an item that is defective within the warranty period, The Scuba Diver Store will make every effort to forward your item to the manufacturer for repair or replacement. The decision of the manufacturer is final.
The Scuba Diver Store will exchange any returnable item per the timeframes above if returned unused and in original packaging.
Mail, UPS and FedEx exchanges and returns:
The Scuba Diver Store will accept exchanges and returns by US mail, UPS or FedEx if returned pursuant to the above terms and in a well-padded box in its original undamaged box and/or packaging. A return or exchange will not be accepted if items are missing or packaging is damaged; we must be able to resell the item as new or we can’t refund the purchase price. In fairness, we will expect you to pay the shipping and handling charges, and we will pay the replacement-shipping fee (only US & Canada). The Scuba Diver Store reserves the right to deny any return.
FREE Shipping applies to the 48 contiguous USA states only.
- All out of stock items are shipped within 24-48 hours (excluding holidays and weekends) after said item is received back in stock in our store.
With ground shipping, your order will generally arrive in 7 days or less from the date of shipment when shipped to a US address.
See below for additional shipping details.
To use our 15 day Return Policy, see below for shipping requirements. See “Store Policies” for details.
To return an item, just follow the simple directions below and we’ll take care of the rest!
Call us to tell us about your return and we will assign you an RMA number (Return Merchandise Authorization).
Pack the item(s) securely. All returned products should be in the condition they were received in, as well as in their original packaging. Please remember to include all warranty cards, manuals and a copy of your receipt.
Print your RMA number on the outside of your box.
Items must be returned to us prepaid and fully insured in a sturdy box and NOT a padded envelope, as damage may occur in the return shipment. All returned merchandise must be insured for the full value of the merchandise, as we are not, and will not be responsible for packages lost or damaged in the return mail. Any such claim should be directed to the carrier that was entrusted with the return of your package. Please note that the cost of return shipping to us is not refundable and is the sole responsibility of the customer.
- Any merchandise returned to us that is damaged in the return shipping is the responsibility of the customer/purchaser and will be returned to sender, no refund will be issued and the sale will be considered final. We do not accept returns via COD. Any merchandise returned in a condition other than new, unused, original or resalable, arrives COD, or returned in anything other than a sturdy box will not be accepted, returned to sender, no return will be processed and no monetary refund will issued. The cost of return shipping and insurance shall be the responsibility of the customer.
- Once the merchandise has been safely returned to and inspected by us, we will issue a refund to the customer’s, or in the case of a gift order the purchaser’s credit card in US Dollars for the original purchase price only and State of Wisconsin Sales Tax, if applicable. In the case of gift order, if the gift recipient would like to return an item, the same guidelines for returning an item listed above also apply, however, we will only refund the purchaser’s credit card in US Dollars for the original purchase price only and State of Wisconsin Sales Tax, if applicable. We will not issue any monetary refund to the gift recipient. Please allow up to seven (7) business days to receive your refund and also allow one (1) to two (2) billing cycles for the refund to appear on your statement.
- We reserve the right to refuse any return that we feel has not been in full compliance with our return policy.
In the event of any questions or problems with your order, or if the product received was defective or damaged, please contact our Customer Service Department within 61 days of receipt. We will make every effort to resolve the problem as quickly as possible. Customer Service can be reached at 1-937-867-4327 or by emailing us at email@ThescubaDiverStore.com.
All in-stock orders will be shipped the next business day (excluding holidays & weekends) and generally will arrive at your door within 7 days when shipped to a US zip code.
We accept the following payment methods: MasterCard, VISA, Discover, PayPal and Bill me Later.
Prices are subject to change without notice. Stock is subject to prior sale.
Delivery to carrier constitutes delivery to customer.
Orders paid for by bank wire will be subject to a $30 service charge to cover our wire receiving bank fee.
Shipping charges are not refundable unless the carrier has failed to meet the delivery commitment outlined in their shipping guide.
TheScubaDiverStore.com will only refund Shipping Charges when the carrier has failed to meet the delivery commitment and issued credit to TheScubaDiverStore.com The decision made by a carrier regarding a claim for refund is final.
- When you create an account with us, or place an order, you must sign up/provide us with a physical street address for shipping that can be verified via the USPS (United States Postal Service).
- If we have a question or problem with your order we will contact you via email or by telephone for clarification and/or correction. It is very important that you give us your correct 10 digit telephone number and a working email address – one that you check on a regular basis, and please, if your ISP (Internet Service Provider) has set up spam blocking filters, please add our email address – Email@TheScubaDiverStore.com to your list of friendly/allowable email addresses.
- Please DO NOT ask us to put a note on a package, i.e., leave by back door, leave on back porch, etc. The delivery carriers have no obligation to honor any such note and it is sometimes an indication of fraud.
- We may depending on the value of the product require an adult to sign for the package receipt.
Sales with billing and/or shipping address within the State of Wisconsin are subject to Wisconsin sales tax of 5.6%, which is automatically added at checkout. Therefore if the billing and/or shipping address is outside the State of Wisconsin, it is not subject to sales tax.
We reserve the right to cancel an order at our discretion if an item is priced incorrectly.